Social workers are an often overlooked piece of the home care puzzle. It’s time to celebrate these heroes because March is National Social Work Month. Visit the website of the National Association of Social Workers to learn more about the work of these tireless professionals and ways you can help shine a spotlight on them.
- Send an email of thanks to all the social workers in your agency and others in the community. Include a link to an uplifting TED Talk featuring Brené Brown, a social work professional.
- Ask a social worker on your staff or one from your community to write a guest blog for your website about social work and home care.
- Show your agency’s support for the National Social Work Public Education Campaign. Host an information luncheon in which area social workers can present the services and hard work they do for the community. Learn more about the campaign here.
- Send specialized Social Work Month greeting cards to the social work professionals who work for and with your agency every day.
- Donate an hour or allow your employees to honor their social worker coworkers by donating an hour to the Give an Hour campaign that serves the mental needs of our nation’s troops and their families. You also can make a monetary donation if you prefer. Let your staff and your community know about your support of this effort. Learn more here.
- Provide hospitals in your area with discharge planner brochures and be sure to highlight the work of your agency’s social work professionals as you show your support for National Social Work Month.