Now that January is here, it’s time to push marketing efforts into high gear and get focused on growing referrals and revenue in 2014. Let’s start by focusing on February’s emphasis on cancer awareness and prevention. February is National Cancer Prevention Month, and Feb. 4 is World Cancer Day. According to the National Cancer Institute, about 13 million Americans are living a current or previous diagnosis of cancer. Experts estimate about 41 percent of all men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lives. Spread the word about the seriousness of this disease and how home care can help.
- Distribute flyers about the benefits of to hospice the oncologists in your area. Be sure to discuss the appropriate time for hospice admission. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/hospice-specialty-care-flyers.php.
- Place brochures about cancer and your agency’s services for patients with the disease in the waiting rooms of oncologists, surgeons and infusion centers. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/disease-information-brochures.php.
- Demonstrate to referral sources that your agency is serious about making patients active participants in their care. Patient Education Guides not only help patients be more compliant and informed about their condition, but they are a tangible example of your agency’s dedication to patient care and unnecessary hospitalizations. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-education-guides.php.
The heart takes center stage this month. Not only does the organ synonymous with love find its way onto store shelves and greeting cards, but it’s a vivid reminder that it’s also the time of year when we should all stop and focus on keeping our own hearts healthy. February is American Heart Month, and National Cardiac Rehabilitation Week and Cardiovascular Professionals Week take place Feb. 9-15. Remind people in your community that one of the best ways they can show their love for someone else is by taking care of his or her own heart.
- Participate in a local health fair and distribute flyers about heart disease, high blood pressure, myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/health-care-flyers.php.
- Spread the word about your agency’s commitment to heart health with “We’re all about heart” flyers, brochures and magnets that highlight heart disease and congestive heart failure. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/heartmonth.php.
- Use blood pressure logs to help patients stay on top of their condition while educating them about proper blood pressure tracking. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/bloodpressurelog.php.
You already know you wouldn’t be in business without your patients. It’s time to let them know how much you appreciate them. National Patient Recognition Day is Feb. 3. Make sure you do everything you can to convey the message that they are the reason you work hard every day to provide stellar service.
- Connect with seniors and raise awareness of your agency with puzzle books personalized with your logo and contact information. Display them in referral source waiting rooms, distribute them at senior centers, and offer them to your patients, too. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/puzzlebook.php.
- Give patients a powerful tool to improve compliance, disease monitoring and overall health. Patient Scorecard Logs are informative, helpful and easy to use. Get them at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-scorecard-logs.php.
- Host a community education class on a topic such as nutrition, making the most out of your doctor’s visit, or understanding Medicare. In addition to the participants at local senior centers, be sure to invite your clients’ family members to attend. Find ready-made classes at www.tagwebstore.com/healthmatters-education-series.php.